We’ve all been there – our workout clothes start to smell after awhile. Socks, sports bras, underwear…doesn’t matter what it is, if sweat has touched it, it’s going to stink. Don’t worry, there are a lot of cheats to get the stank out.
1. Wash your clothes with 1 cup of apple cider vinegar.
This will help to neutralize any odors that you may have. You can pair it with your normal laundry detergent.
2. Combat underarm stench with mouthwash.
Spritzing a bit of clear mouthwash on the underarm areas or crotch areas before washing. The antiseptic helps to get out the odor.
3. If you can’t wash them right away, hang them out to dry.
Instead of throwing them into your laundry basket to contaminate all your other clothes, hang them out to dry in a bathroom or on a laundry line until you can clean them.
4. Use exercise clothes specific laundry detergent.
Yep, they make this! It helps prevent break down of the clothes because it is gentle, but has powerful stank removers so you’re getting a deep clean.
5. Avoid fabric softeners on moisture-wicking clothes.
They disrupt the integrity of the material to moisture-wick.
6. Hang dry clothes with elastic to make them last longer.
After washing hang out sports bras, gloves, anything with elastic. It keeps them around longer and saves you money on electricity.
7. Wash baseball hats in the dishwasher.
Helps keep the integrity of the shape.